Asanov Alik Yusupovich, Candidate of biological sciences, senior staff scientist, Volga Research Center of Aquaculture and Aquatic Bioresources, Penza State Agricultural University (30, Botanicheskaya street, Penza, Russia), E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
Senkevich Viktoriya Aleksandrovna, Postgraduate student, Penza State University (40, Krasnaya street, Penza, Russia), E-mail: Viktoriya0606@mail.ru
Background. Evaluation of the productivity of the components of the food base of ichthyofauna is currently of great importance in connection with the development of aquaculture and the search for additional reserves of aquatic biological resources in the country’s internal freshwater bodies. The purpose of the work is to study the seasonal dynamics of the development of zooplankton to determine fish productivity by this indicator of one of the sections of the river. Surahs.
Material and methods. Samples of the zooplankton were collected in the studied reservoir at three points of the selected station in the middle of each month in the ice-free period from April to November 2014–2015. Calculations of fish products were carried out taking into account the coefficients adapted to the Volga region. A comparative analysis with neighboring water bodies was carried out according to the results of research by the authors.
Results. During the research period, 87 species and forms of zooplankton were identified (64 in 2014, 65 in 2015). The ratio of the number of species of taxonomic groups of organisms (Rotifera, Cladocera, and Copepoda) was similar for years. The monthly changes in species diversity in different years on average were almost equal – 63 and 64 %. Changes in species diversity of zooplankton over the years amounted to 51 %. In numbers Rotifera and Cladocera dominated, in terms of biomass, Cladocera dominated. On average, the monthly abundance of zooplankton varied by 16–18 times, and biomass by 10–29 times. The average biomass for the 2014 (4,544 g/m3) was three times higher than that in 2015 (1,429 g/m3), which is typical for the reservoirs in the region. Higher indicators in 2014 are explained by a higher average water temperature and a stable hydrological regime.
Conclusions. The studied reservoir with significant monthly and annual fluctuations in zooplankton biomass is characterized by high fish productivity in this indicator and is a promising fishery water body for stocking valuable fish – planktophages in larger volumes than before. The maximum biomass of zooplankton is observed in June–July, the minimum – in April. Therefore, when sampling to evaluate productivity, seasonal variations should be taken into account.
1. Il'in V. Yu., Yankin A. V. Problemy okhrany i ekologicheskogo monitoringa prirodnykh landshaftov i bioraznoobraziya: sb. st. Vseros. nauch.-prakt. konf. [Issues of protection and ecological monitoring of natural landscapes and biodiversity: proceedings of All-Russian scientific and practical conference]. Penza: RIO PGSKhA, 2006, pp. 42–45. [In Russian]
2. Ivanov A. I., Il'in V. Yu., Dudkin E. A. Vodno-bolotnye ugod'ya Penzenskoy oblasti [Wetlands of Penza region]. Penza, 2016, 208 p. [In Russian]
3. Asanov A. Yu. Surskiy vestnik [Sursky Vestnik journal]. 2019, no. 3 (7), pp. 22–28. [In Russian]
4. Metody biologicheskogo analiza presnykh vod [Freshwater biological analysis methods]. Execut. ed. G. G. Vinberg. Leningrad: Zoologicheskiy in-t AN SSSR, 1976, 168 p. [In Russian]
5. Abakumov V. A., Bubnova N. P., Kholikova N. I., Goridchenko T. P., Liepa R. A., Svirskaya N. L., Gan'shina L. A., Semin V. A., Khromov V. M., Nikitin D. I., Katanskaya V. M., Raspopov I. M. Rukovodstvo po metodam gidrobiologicheskogo analiza poverkhnostnykh vod i donnykh otlozheniy [Guidelines for hydrobiological analysis of surface water and bottom sediments]. Leningrad: Gidrometeoizdat, 1983, 239 p. [In Russian]
6. Opredelitel' presnovodnykh bespozvonochnykh Evropeyskoy chasti SSSR [Determinant to freshwater invertebrates in the European part of the USSR]. Execut. ed.: L. A. Kutikova, Ya. I. Starobogatov. Leningrad: Gidrometeoizdat, 1977, 510 p. [In Russian]
7. Opredelitel' zooplanktona i zoobentosa presnykh vod Evropeyskoy Rossii: v 2 t. [Determinant of zooplankton and zoobenthos of fresh waters of European Russia: in 2 volumes]. Eds. V. R. Alekseev, S. Ya. Tsalolikhin. Saint-Petersburg: Zoologicheskiy in-t RAN; Moscow: Tovarishchestvo nauchnykh izdaniy KMK, 2010, vol. 1. Zooplankton, 494 p. [In Russian]
8. Stoyko T. G., Mazey Yu. A. Planktonnye kolovratki Penzenskikh vodoemov: ucheb.- metod. posobie [Planktonic rotifers of the Penza reservoirs: teaching aid]. Penza: Izd-vo PGPU imeni V. G. Belinskogo, 2006, 135 p. [In Russian]
9. Kozlov V. I., Ivanova Yu. S. Rybnoe khozyaystvo [Fish industry]. 2013, no. 1, pp. 18–25. [In Russian]
10. Asanov A. Yu. Niva Povolzh'ya [Cornfield of Volga region]. 2017, no. 4 (45), pp. 10–16. [In Russian]
11. Senkevich V. A., Tsyganov A. N., Stoyko T. G. Izvestiya vysshikh uchebnykh zavedeniy. Povolzhskiy region. Estestvennye nauki [University proceedings. Volga region. Natural sciences]. 2016, no. 1 (13), pp. 35–49. [In Russian]
12. Asanov A. Yu. Vestnik Astrakhanskogo gosudarstvennogo tekhnicheskogo universiteta. Ser.: Rybnoe khozyaystvo [Bulletin of Astrakhan State Technical University. Series: Fish industry]. 2016, no. 2, pp. 7–14. [In Russian]
13. Kozlov A. V. Ekologicheskaya otsenka bioproduktivnosti malykh vodoemov dlya sozdaniya fermerskikh khozyaystv [Ecological assessment of bio-productivity of small reservoirs for the establishment of farms]. Kaluga, 2010, 148 p. [In Russian]
14. Asanov A. Yu., Senkevich V. A., Asanova I. Yu. Simvol nauki [Symbol of science]. 2016, no. 12-3, pp. 19–21. [In Russian]
15. Burdova V. A., Stoyko T. G., Asanov A. Yu. Samarskaya Luka: problemy regional'noy i global'noy ekologii [Samarskaya Luka National Park: issues of regional and global ecology]. 2014, vol. 23, no. 2, pp. 33–39. [In Russian]